What are Exemptions?
How do I get an Exemption?
Opportunity for students, depending on their grade level, to exempt or 'not take' the semester final for a class.
Exemptions apply differently for each grade level. For the most accurate information, please see your teachers. Exemption Cards are given out during lunches a week before finals. These cards are reviewed by grade level principals.
SHS EXAM EXEMPTION POLICY - 2017
(information provided by SHS administration)
FINAL EXAM POLICY FOR AP CLASSES
- Any finals exempted in AP classes, whether students take the AP test or not, are subject to the same grade and attendance requirements that are in effect for non-AP classes
- Students who are enrolled in 1, 2, or 3 AP classes are required to take either the AP Exam OR the teacher’s final exam. Students enrolled in 3 or fewer AP classes ARE NOT allowed final exam exemptions in AP classes unless they have taken the AP exam.
- Students who are enrolled in 4 AP classes are only required to take either 3 AP exams OR the AP teacher’s final. Students may exempt the 4th exam in accordance with the SHS Exemption Policy for Spring 2017.
- Students who are enrolled in 5 or more AP classes are only required to take either 4 AP exams or the AP teacher’s final. Students may exempt the 5th, 6th, etc., final exam in accordance with the SHS Exemption Policy for Spring 2017.
- In order to remain eligible for a SPRING final exam exemption in an Advanced Placement class, a student must MAINTAIN AN 80 AVERAGE IN THE COURSE in addition to the other requirements stated above.
- Underclassmen who take an AP exam can exempt the final in that AP class in addition to their standard number of allowed exemptions, provided they take the AP exam